Following is the summary of the book “It Happened in India” written by Kishore Biyani, the founder of Future group and brands like Big Bazaar, Central, Pantaloons, Brand Factory and several others.
- The four emotions that determine shopping behavior.
- Journey of Kishore Ji
- Started organized Dandiya program of the housing society.
- Joined the family business for some time.
- Trading of 200 meters of stone-wash fabric.
- Started buying good fabric from fabric manufacturers and selling these to garment manufacturers under brand WBB.
- Started Manufacturing the trousers.
- Started a shop to sell trousers with name Patloon.
- Started a factory to manufacture fabric.
- Took Distributorship of Arvind Mills.
- Manufacturing of branded trousers “Pantaloon”.
- Opened chain of Pantaloon stores selling trousers. Started from Goa.
- Started manufacturing all men apparels and accessories and selling them on pantaloon shop.
- Launched clothing brands under various names just to attract different customer bases. Like john miller, Bare and others.
- Launched ready-to-stitch product.
- First Pantaloons showroom started in Kolkata.
- Multiple outlets of Pantaloons opened.
- Started preparing for Big Baazar.
One thought on “Book Summary – It Happened in India by Kishore Biyani”
This is such nice book, I had read this in 2009 but still his concepts are in my mind.